Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Kade is 6 weeks old...I LOVE MY BOYS!

I can't believe how my life has changed in the past 6 weeks!  I am so lucky to have such a sweet, cute and good baby boy!  When I took Kade for his 1 month check-up, he was 8 pounds and 21 inches long!  He was perfectly healthy!  The doctor switched him from the Enfamil Enfacare (High Calorie) formula to the regular Enfamil Premium Lipil formula.  I think that 2 1/2 pounds is great for 1 month! :) Apparently so did Dr Anderson! :)

Here I am today on my 6 week birthday! :) 

We tried to switch Kade over to powder formula last week after his 1 month checkup and that didn't go so well!  He started being really fussy and started projectile vommiting only at night.  After 2 days, I switched him back to Ready to Use formula.  The fussiness continued and so did the vommiting.  I called the doctor and he recommended that 1 put a teaspoon of rice in every bottle at night to help. We started last night and he went 7 1/2 hours between feedings and slept for 5 1/2 hours of it!  He also didn't spit up last night and hasn't all day today (KNOCK ON WOOD!)  I hope this helps him overcome this little hurdle.  He has been fussy today, but once he feels 100%, I hope that goes away too!

So I was searching for which picture to put on here and I noticed that I have taken 926 pictures since he was born!  Some might say that I am a little obsessed with my little boy, but I just say that I waited so long for him and am so thankful for him and I don't want to forget anything!  I love this little boy more than life itself!  LYMI Kademan!


One person I sometimes forget to mention is my Amazing Husband Chip! :) I want everyone to know how wonderful my husband has been!  I know lots of women are the sole caretakers for their children, especially when they are this small, but I am so lucky to have someone who loves to help with our child.  I had no idea how Chip would be because he had never changed a diaper before Kade and he was always nervous around kids that weren't his.  Well he proved me wrong...He is AMAZING!  Every night, he gets up and warms Kade's bottles for me, he cuddles and loves on him constantly, and goes above and beyond to show this little boy how much he loves him!  I already knew my husband was an amazing husband, but I am so happy to know that he is an amazing father too!  I LOVE YOU GORGEOUS...THANKS FOR BEING MY SOULMATE, MY HUSBAND, MY LIFE AND AN AWESOME FATHER TO OUR SON!  LYMI CHIP!

My Boys! <3

1 comment:

  1. 6 Weeks! WOW...it really seems like forever ago that we were each others sounding board for our getting pregnant issues and now we are both blessed with healthy little boys. God brought us both miracles! It means so much when your husband is a hands on Daddy. Charlie is definitely my equal when it comes to raising Mason.

    ReplyDelete